Facebook is a place to build relationships and I love my tribe. In celebration of my friend’s birthday, Michelle Jones, A friend of mine turns 50 TODAY and leading up to her birthday, she published the 50 life lessons that she learned throughout the journey. With her permission, I posted this list of quotes that help ease your mind and give you peace.
Leave your favorite below and tell me why!
- An unhealed person can find offense in pretty much anything someone does. A healed person understands that the actions of others has absolutely nothing to do with them. Each day you get to decide which one you will be.
- I can only control what I can only control. – Michelle Torres Jones
- Everybody doesn’t have to like you.
- You are somebody’s villain in their story.
- There is always something to be grateful for.
- Prayer is the bridge between panic and peace.
- Life is too short to worry about things that have no value in your life. – Michelle Torres Jones
- Vent about your joy – not just your problems.
- The universe can only speak to you in the same tone in which you consistently speak to yourself!
- A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it or not.
- Journaling is food for the soul. It is leaving a little bit of yourself for those who come after you.
- If you find yourself having to tiptoe around others, you’re not walking amongst your tribe. – Tanya Markul
- Stop accepting apologies that aren’t accompanied by changed behavior.
- Go to that concert by yourself. Go eat at that restaurant you keep saying you want to go to. Do what you want. Don’t wait on people. And if your friends don’t want to do it, do it anyways! – Jade. IG: @TheGemJade
- Pick a person and for the next 30 days pray for their happiness. Don’t tell them that you’re praying for them.
- Practice the pause. When in doubt, pause. When angry, pause. When tired, pause. When stressed, pause. And when you pause, pray.
- Nothing meant to be in your life will ever require you to abandon yourself to keep it.
- When we avoid difficult conversations, we trade short term discomfort for long term dysfunction.
- Be the person who breaks the cycle. – Lori Deschene
- If you do not make time for your wellness, you will be forced to make time for your illness.
- A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the brand breaking, because her trust is not in the brand, but on it’s wings. Always believe in yourself. – Charlie Wardle
- Giving up on your goals because of one setback is like slashing your other three tires because you got a flat. Never give up.
- Self-control is strength. Right thought is mastery. Calmness is power. – James Allen You have to get to the point where your mood doesn’t shift based on the insignificant actions of someone else. Don’t allow others to control the direction of your life. Don’t allow your emotions to overpower your intelligence.
- The only way to win with a toxic person is not to play.
- Energy is currency when you “pay” attention to something, you’re buying an experience – it’s an investment so “spend” carefully and only on things that will bring you a good return. Be selective. Treat your time with as much care as your finances. It’s equally as valuable. – BOSSBABE IG: @teambossbabe
- Pray, when you feel like worrying. Give thanks when you feel like complaining. Keep going when you feel like quitting. – Dave Willis
- Cutting people out of my life doesn’t mean I hate them. It means I respect myself.
- You can’t control how other people feel, how they receive your energy. Anything you do or say gets filtered through a mindset occupied by whatever they are going through at the moment, which has nothing to do with you. Just keep doing your thing with as much love as possible.
- The habits you created to survive will no longer serve you when it’s time to thrive. Get out of survival mode. New habits, new life.
- The five types of people to surround yourself with: The Inspired, The Motivated, The Open-Minded, The Passionate, The Grateful
- I think as you grow older, your Christmas list is shorter because the gifts you want can’t be bought.
- Jealousy will have people gossiping about people they could be learning from.
- We can disagree and still love each other, unless your disagreement is rooting in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist. – James Baldwin
- You can’t parent effectively with guilt or fear.
- Always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor never the tormented. – Elie Wiesel
- If you avoid conflict to keep the peace, you start a war inside yourself. – Cheryl Richardson
- Never apologize for having high standards People who really want to be in your life will rise up to meet them. Never chase anyone. A person who appreciates you will walk with you. Believe in yourself, and the rest will fall into place.
- Your smile is your logo, your personality is your business card, how you leave others feeling after an experience with you become ofs your trademark. – Jay Danzie
- The family you come from is important, but the family you make is your priority.
- The greatest stumbling block to equality is the white moderate who is more devoted to order than to justice, who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice. – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- You’ll know the people that feed your soul… because you’ll feel good after spending time with them.
- If it costs you your peace, it’s too expensive.
- It is better to live in a tent if one must, then to live in a mansion with a man you can’t trust.
- If someone tells you who they are – believe them. Dr. Maya Angelous
- You are always responsible for how you act, no matter how you feel. – Robert Tew
- Good friends help you find important things when you have lost them. Things like your smile, your hope and your courage. – Doe Zantamata
- The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand… we listen to reply.
- You only live once? False. You live every day, you only die once.
- Sometimes the best thing to do is to be silent and watch how things play out… saves you from unneccessary arguments.
- Worship gets you through the hardest times in your life because it shifts your focus from the problem to the problem solver.
I did my best to provide accurate attribution. If I missed one, please send an email to email@example.com
I’m honored that you chose to post my journey. These quotes have guided me and helped make me a better person. I celebrate my 50th birthday today with love from family and friends. I look forward to many more years of learning and growing ❤️.
Thank you for allowing me to share these lessons. I knwo many women are looking for a way to live better lives!
👏🏾 Awesome. Thanks for sharing.